While Whitesell dukes it out with AT&T, Shaun, Doug, Kevin, and Shaw take a look at the newly released USCR classings, the upcoming Grand-Am/NASCAR weekend at IMS, news and scuttlebutt from IndyCar, and Doug recaps the Pro Mazda weekend at Mosport. In the Formula 1 circus, Bernie lawyers up and Pirelli tells the FIA and the F1 teams to suck it. Shaw and Pechin wrap up the show with previews of New England Forest Rally and Rally Finland.
Show Notes for OpenPaddock.net Podcast, Episode 197 – July 23, 2013
- USCR Classes Spelled out
- Andretti is E-xcited about the new formula series
- Brabham doesn’t with EITHER ProMazda race in Mosport
- Bernie Lawyers Up as F1 Heads to Most-Boring-Circuit-Ever
- Rally America Crown Jewel, New England Forest Rally, is this weekend!
- Initial Class Specifications Released
- Barrichello to drive GrandAm Doran Motorsports #77 with Doug Peterson at Indianapolis!
- Tag possibly out at BHA
- Andretti Autosports to run electric car series
- (our suspicions are confirmed)
- NASCAR has a new TV deal starting in 2015
- Sprint Cup – 7 races on NBC, 13 races on NBCSN
- Nationwide – 4 races on NBC, 15 races on NBCSN
- No races on ESPN
- How will this effect IndyCar on NBC/NBCSN?
- All is quiet this week as Indy and IMS focus on tin tops at the brickyard
- Next Up – Mid Ohio Next weekend \o/
- Scott Dixon declared winner
- Mosport – Pro Mazda Race 1 won by Pigot
- Mosport – Pro Mazda Race 2 won by Blackstock
- Bernie Ecclestone set to face German court
- Does Bernie get replaced before the end of the season?
- (mike w says yes… too much $$ in F1 for CVC to risk keeping him around)
- Pirelli toughens stance with F1
- Austrian GP return to mark end for New Jersey?
- Glad to see Red Bull Ring back on the schedule. Classic track in a beautiful setting.
- Hungarian GP Preview
- Rally America – NEFR Preview
- Rifat Sungkar Tests Mitsubishi EVO for New England Forest Rally
- Antoine L’Estage and Nathalie Richard Campaign Legendary Car
- Last Ditch will be there as will the colorful Noble Star Subaru
- GRC – 2nd US event Bristol
- WRC Next Up – Finland August 1-3 the “Grand Prix of Rally”
- Jari-Matti drove Group B Quattro in Historics Class at Rally Estonia last weekend