Episode 243 – OpenPaddock.net Podcast
OpenPaddock.net Episode #243 for Tuesday, August 5, 2014
- Ummmm – Bernie gets out of trouble the only way he knows how, Conway in WEC at COTA, Milka in Nationwide because they need airbags
- IndyCar – Dixon teabags the field at Mid Ohio, 3 races left, and schedule talk for 2015
- Rally – WRC Finalnd review and premium content on the web…. get a clue F1. And some other news for GRC and WRX
Ummmmmmmm – Unintelligible ‘malgamum of maniacal mixed motorsports musing
- F1 – Bernie pays a bribe to end his bribery trial…. ???
- When the judge, asked if Ecclestone could make the $100 million payment within a week, the lawyer leading his defense team replied, “That’s doable.”
- F1 – Ferrari engine boss leaves team and heads to Renault
- WEC – Mike Conway confirmed for Toyota P1 at Austin
- Nationwide – The Venezualen superstar, Milka to get some nationwide starts!
- Mid Ohio
- Race review
- Throttle sensor issue kept Helio from taking the start, but still finished only 1 lap down
- TK gets turned on the start and Marco has nowhere to go
- Was wunderkind Joseph Newgarden to blame?
- Newgarden should have won this race, but his pit crew lost it for him… (foreshadowed by conversation after quals)
- Hinch finished a fantastic 3rd from 17th… “I don’t know why we bother to race here. They should just give the trophy to Scott on Thursday. I thought I did a good job until I saw Numbnuts standing in Victory Lane. I passed 10 cars on the first lap and thought that was pretty damn good. But he started last and won!”
- RHR looked like he had pace, but was caught speeding in pit lane and later spun bringing out the 2nd yellow…. He got a lucky dog!…. Booooo!
- Power had a bit of a lackluster day, but still managed to climb to 6th, after falling back to 12th trying to avoid the lap 1 TK melee.
- results – standings
- The countdown is on 3. Milwaukee 2. Sonoma 1. Fontana…. KICKOFF!
- Simon Pagenaud linked with a Honda/McLaren F1 test… by himself
- JPM considering the double for 2015
- Big Sonoma test in preparation for final stint
- WFNI sucks. Trackside not only unavailable on iTunes and RSS, but the show is chopped up into segments. (back to 1 segment)
- 2015 schedule talk
- dubai street race in early february?
- autodromo internacional nelson piquet in Brasilia march 7-8?
- Potential for NOLA?
- Toronto, Texas & Houston in flux?
- Road America, Phoenix, Laguna Seca, Portland…. keep on dreaming
- New Lights car performs first full day of testing, beats pace of current car
- RLL considering getting back in Lights
- USF2000 Tripleheader Results:
- Race 1 – Enerson, Latorre, Portante
- Race 2 – Edison, Telitz, Furuseth
- Race 3 – Latorre Portante, Enerson
- Pro Mazda Race 1 – Nicolas Costa wins for Pelfry
- Pro Mazda Race 2 – Garret Grist wins for Andretti
- Indy Lights Race 1 & 2 – Jack Harvey wins both
- Rally Finland The Yump Review
- Drama on Saturday leads to Latvala winning by just 3.6 secs over Ogier
- Results – Standings – Manuf. Standings
- WRC+ Premium Content Review
- A GT86 rally car, another GT86 rally car, and yet another GT86 rally car
- Toyoda-san wants Toyota back in WRC
- CONFIRMED! – Nameless GT86 to return to LSPR
- FIA WRX – World Rallycross Championship – Comes to Canada this weekend
- Red Bull GRC drivers Tanner Foust and Sverre Isachsen
- Red Bull GRC – Mid Season Review on NBC Sat. night 10:30PM Pacific