In this episode we start with a bit of WRC news, then Ian tells us about his adventures at the Nemadji Winter Rally, Matt talks about attending a NRS Rally Sprint, and Mike gushes over the high quality media from the Tall Pines Rally. We finish off the show with our Dakar 2017 preview.
- Jari Matti Latvala confirmed to Toyota by Autosport
- Monza Rally Show – Sordo get’s 2nd Valentino Rossi won for the 5th year.
- Hyundai officially releases 2017 WRC i20 contender
North American Rally
- CRC Tall Pines – Results
- L’Estage showing his masterful craft on the slick stuff
- Pastrana scared himself until he got into the groove (lots of work on pace notes)
- Media done right
- Big White Winter Rally coming this weekend
- Nemadji Winter Rally – minus the winter
- Raceway Park RallySprint – Englishtown, NJ
- Escort Battle – Barry McKenna and Michael Gillseppie
- 240 Drift car, because why not? Robert Callhoun..umm…hooned.
- Route Information
- Entry List
- Car Class –
- Toyota Gazoo Racing Toyota Hilux this time it’s RWD. 2WD rules allow larger tires better for the dunes. Multiple Dakar winner Nasser Al-Attiyah with teammate Giniele De Villiers
- BMW Mini introduce all new Dakar Mini contender. Team headed by Mikko Hirvonen. The WRC winning Finn will be joined by the latest arrival to the X-Raid squad, Yazeed Al Rahji and American off-road racing star Bryce Menzies
- USA’s Bryce Menzies – Red Bull Mini
- Other drivers to watch – Sheikh Khalid Al Qassimi, Martin Prokop (Ford); Tim Coronel (Suzuki); Tom Coronel (Suzuki), Nicolas Fuchs (HRX)