OpenPaddock.net Episode #242 for Tuesday, July 29, 2014
- unintelligible ‘malgamation of motorsport musings – F1 Hungary review, a brief review of the madness of Bernie E, and a wee bit o nascar
- Indy – Mid O preview, hinch in free agency, lights chassis testing, and some good/bad news for the lights series
- Rally – GRC charlotte, WRC 2017 tech changes, and a yumptastic preview of finland
- F1 – Hungaroring review
- Qualifying – Hamilton has a BBQ for Hungary fans in Q1 & starts at the rear
- wet race causes for fantastic action
- Hamilton v Rossburg team orders?
- Ricciardo only non-merc driver to win this year
- results – standings
- DOTOR – Ricciardo or Alonso or Hamilton?
- F1 – Bernie wants to accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative
- by bringing back Flavio (Is this a positive?)
- by paying off the german prosecuters
- by going to Russia
- by eliminating standing restarts for 2015
- great article by Will Buxton ‘new coke’
- F1 – Mexico set to return in 2015
- Potential impact on attendance at USGP at CotA
- NASCAR – Tony says NNS and Sprint Cup would be feasible at Eldora
- NASCAR – Attendance at the Brickyard?
- Mid-Ohio preview
- More on hand/wrist injury prevention
- Hinch to test free agency?
- Future of IndyCar at Toronto?
- Championship scenarios.
- New Indy Lights chassis to be tested at Putnam Park tomorrow by Conor Daly
- AJ Foyt considering an Indy Lights team
- Michael Andretti may not do Indy Lights next year due to cost
- GRC – Nelson Piquet Jr. – new sponsor HAUS™ Personal Vaporizer by Mistic® (big tobacco returns to racing without the tobacco)
- GRC – At The Dirt Track in Charlotte
- Results – Standings
- More TV Program complaints
- Rally America – MUST WATCH Chris Duplessis w/FY Racing at Mt. Washington
- Rally America – 2015 Schedule released
- WRC – 2017 Technical Rules evolution focusing on fuel-flow restrictions?
- WRC – Ostberg wins “Helsinki Battle” vs. Gronholm
- WRC – Toyota Yaris WRC makes tarmac test debut
- WRC – M-Sport Facelift – finally employs current generation Fiesta ST grill for Finland
- WRC – Rally Finland Preview