Chris Duplessis joins us once again and reviews the New England Forest Rally with Mike Shaw while Doug and John discuss the confusing IndyCar weekend at Toronto.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Open Paddock.net episode #241 for Tuesday, July 15th, 2014
24hr du podcaste
- Rally – Chris Duplessis and Shaw review New England Forest Rally, and GRC was in NYC
- Formula 1 – German Grand Prix didn’t suck, except for Massa and Lotus
- IndyCar – Toronto was brilliant racing sprinkled amongst a comedy of errors
- IndyLights – Belardi dominates Toronto
- USF200 – Latorre emerges on top after a contact-filled double-header.
- NEFR Review with Chris Duplessis
- 3 titles won in New England
- Duplessis finishes 10th overall…in a B-Spec!
- GRC – Foust wins his first event of 2014 and Scott Speed penalized after charging into second giving Piquet Jr. the champ lead
- My opinion of the TV product
- GRC Lites Recap – Dejong doesn’t win?
- WRC – Monte Carlo adopts “Rally 2” (Super Rally) rules
- WRC – Helsinki Battle Sat. July 26th
- Legends Gronholm, Kankkunen, Makinen
- Current Finnish stars Latvala, Hirvonen, and Hanninen as well as Ogier, Ostberg, and Neuville.
- 2 laps and fastest time proceeds
- Will be LIVE streamed!! on WRC.com
UMMM (Unidentifiable ‘Malgamation of Motorsports Musings)
- Formula 1 – Germany
- Hamilton quali woes – brake failure.
- Massa on his lid
- Riccardo and Alonso battle was epic
- Vettel irrelevent?
- Toto Wolff and Paddy Lowe injured in cycling accident
- SCCA – Tragic incident in Texas
- IMSA – Plant set to cover the IMSA weekend at IMS
- Toronto Doubleheader
- Saturday WTF? Finally postponed, NBCSN didn’t cut in to inform fans.
- A royal clusterf***.
- Race 1 (65 laps) Box Score
- Pagenaud gets punted on lap 1, goes on to finish 4th.
- Also involved: Sato, Filippi, Munoz, & Conway
- Bourdais dominates!
- HCN, TK, Pags, Dixon, RAHAL?!?, Kimball, Hinch, Power, Wilson
- Race 2 (65 laps) Box Score
- Six cautions
- Conway calls for slicks on lap 43. Marches on to victory.
- RHR involved in late race caution.
- Points status – Do Ryan & Simon still have a chance?
- Finally a week’s respite before Mid-Ohio
- New scoring pylon at IMS PHOTO
- Two contact-laden races for USF2000
- Enerson’s point lead evaporates as Lattore and Eidson split the two races.
- Belardi dominates the IndyLights race as Alex Barron takes his first win.