The Mikes and John discuss the news and rumors surrounding the 2015 IndyCar schedule, Doug joins late for the Houston GP preview and to preview the Pro Mazda race at Houston. Mr. Shaw takes us through a LOT of rally news, a review of GRC in DC, and previews of the Pikes Peak and Mt. Washington hill climbs, and WRC’s Rally Portugal. Mr. Whitesell wraps up the show with a review of the Austrian GP and the new circus-style rumors for the 2015 F1 season.
OpenPaddock.net Podcast, Episode 237 – Tuesday, June 24 2014
- 2015 schedule talks still ongoing with NOLA and Providence
- Sato auctions off Indy helmet for “with you japan” campaign
- Hunter-Reay, Dixon earn ESPY nominations
- 10 races in the next 10 weeks (2 doubles, so 2 off weekends)
- Robin Miller’s mid-season report card
- Ganassi failing while Rahal gets a D?
- Houston double header preview
- 90F with slight chance of rain, high humidity, how will that play?
- Recipe for disaster for fans
- Safety revisions made to circuit
- Pro Mazda Houston Preview
- M1 Racing to Field Pro Mazda Car for Donato
- Can Pigot recover from the Month of May?
- USF2000 and IndyLights say, “Houston? In late June?? DURING THE DAY??? NOPE!!!!
- GRC DC Review
- GRC DC Exceeds Spectator Expectations
- results – standings
- Pike’s Peak preview
- Can anyone touch Loeb’s record?
- Competitor list
- Viewing available online – but it isn’t free
- Rally America – Mt. Washington Climb to the Clouds Preview
- Mt. Washington Hill Climb Full Entry List
- Rally America – STPR on TV this weekend
- WRC Poland preview
- WRC Mid stage “pit stops” planned for 2015
- WRC VW warns that board approval til 2019 does not neccesarily mean they will remain if the promoter issue isn’t sorted
- Austria review
- Crowd and facilities
- Energy recovery braking at a premium
- Brief race review
- Kimi with brake and power issues
- results – driver standings – team standings
- Red Bull engine questions: Infiniti? VW? Renault to sell? Status quo?
- What is wrong with the current engine regulations? (fixed homologation)
- FIA now regulating F1 like WWE
- Have at it boys?
- Merc and Ferrari to hold sparking practice
- Standing restarts approved by F1 Commission
- And yet, no meaningful cost control ideas
- Bernie thinks F1 would be better if small teams would just die
- has F1 jumped the shark? (did it already?)
- Schumi’s medical files stolen