Better late than never? :\ It’s been a chaotic month, but here’s our ramblings and robust debate from the Month of May.
OpenPaddock.net Podcast – Episode #233 for Tuesday, May 27th, 2014
- Tonight on the show, we talk about the greatest weekend in motorsport
- Ryan Hunter Reay dominated the Indy 500
- Gabby Chavez intimidated the Freedom 100
- Jimmie Johnson humiliated the Flavored Corn Syrup 600
- Nico Rossburg urinated on the Monaco GP (and got a little on Lewis as well)
- Memorial Day Weekend – Thank you to all veterans, active duty, and most importantly to those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom and their families
- Beverage Roll call:
- Mike Whitesell – your humble host
- Doug Patterson – suffering from internet blues, will join by phone
- Mike Shaw – has received a field promotion… do not fail me
- John Olsakovsky – joins us again after completing more miles today than Kurt Busch did Sunday
- How creepy was the gimp in the bathtub of milk intro
- Kimball put it in the wall so I could get up and stretch (151)
- Montoya and his most excellent fuel mileage.
- Dixon had a wicked break in turn 4 (168)
- Plowey completed his May duofecta by plowing over Newgarden
- Bell, Carpenter, Hinch – 3 Wide Throw Down (176)
- “good thing he had a concussion”
- Bell loses it in T2 after debris caution thrown for Saavedra (191)
- Red flag – right or wrong call?
- Race recap
- Results – Standings
- TV ratings for Indy – Up 0.2 points to a 4.0. Good enough?
- ROTY & Goat of the Race
- Next up – Double header in Detroit on ABC this weekend
Gabby Chaves wins
USF2000, Pro Mazda at IRP
New Indy Lights chassis
- Quali results
- Nico keeps pole after stewards investigation
- Nico wins Monaco from pole
- Kimi’s race
- Vettel’s race
- Lewis was unhappy with the strategy call… and his cheating teammate.
- Results – Driver Standings – Team Standings
- Tony Fernandez puts Catrerham and team up for sale
- Next up – Canada in 2 weeks on NBC
Flavored Corn Syrup 600
- Jimmie Johnson wins, Kurt Busch a few miles short of 1100
- Big Rally Weekend! – STPR, Olympus, and tune in your TV on June 1st at 6PM to watch Oregon Trail Rally coverage on NBC Sports
- WRC – FIA meets to lay foundation for next gen rally cars
- WRC – David Richards thinks that WRC should focus on internet over TV
- WRC – VW’s Jost Capito says team orders are a betrayal of fans and he won’t be using them this season
- Rally America – Many Big names missing from STPR this weekend
- No Ken Block, Travis Pastrana, Antoine L’Estage, David Sterckx, Lauchlin O’Sullivan, or surprisingly Matthew Johnson (Scion)
- Rally America – on the plus side, good battle in SP with Roberts new car vs. Van Way vs. Cline vs. Fong. Brakim’s M3 will make 2wd sound good.
- Red Bull GRC on TV quick review
- WRX Rallycross – USA’s Mitchell Dejong dominates RX Lites at Lyden Hill (sign of things to come in GRC Lites), while Piquet Jr. falters in the final. In Supercars Tanner Foust finishes 5th.
- WRC – Next Up – Rally Italia Sardegna next weekend 5/6