Fearless Leader Shaun Pechin returns to the show as we preview this weekend’s IndyCar and Mazda Road to Indy event at Barber Motorsports Park, recap the week’s news in the WRC and Rally America, and review the news in Formula 1 and last weekend’s grand prix in China.
OpenPaddock.net Podcast, Episode #228 – Tuesday, April 22, 2014
- Pickett racing pulls out of TUSCAR — Is anyone surprised?
- Saavedra on probation, fined 10k
- Helio’s new twitter problems
- Is Will Power getting kid glove treatment? Or similar for all?
- Is IndyCar’s new officiating stance similar to Nascar’s “have at it boys”
- Is it beneficial for IndyCar to put penalties on driver’s speaking their minds?
- Indy 500 ROP upcoming April 29th and May 5th
- Barber preview
- Barber Preview – Double Headers All Around!
- ERC – Lappi goes God Speed in Ireland, and American co-driver Alex Kihurani gets on the podium in the Jr.’s category. Peugeot’s 208 T16 R5 falters…twice.
- Video – full pucker at speed
- WRC – Citroen confirms commitment until at least 2015
- WRC – Henning Solberg hopes for more events
- WRC – Toyota GT-86 for 2015 (in R3 spec)
- Rally America – NBC/Rally America release Oregon Trail preview video
- GRC – Nelson Piquet Jr. to race in GRC
- GRC – 2015 Subaru Red Bull GRC supercar unveiled at NY Auto Show
- GRC – Royal Purple renews sponsorship through 2015
- Race review
- Rossburg has telemetry problems and a bad start… thats the race
- “Tough luck” Is Ricciardo getting to Vettel?
- “Made with China” replace by bad CGI
- Checkers waved 2 laps early
- Results – Standings
- FIA releases full findings in Red Bull fuel sensor protest
- FIA identifies fuel flow sensor failure vectors
- Honda will only supply McLaren in 2015