Your host Shaun, his co-host Mike and his other co-host Mike lead you through this week’s news in motor racing. The trio look at how the IndyCar grid is shaping up, and comment on the National Guard deal with Rahal that we all knew was all but complete. Shaw previews Rally Sweden and the first round of the Canadian Championship. Rally America officially announces it’s deal with NBCSN and the WRC will air on MAVTV. Bernie slams the F1 farce, and Whitesell brings us up to speed on Mercedes new trick suspention and the decline in 2013 viewership.
OpenPaddock.net Podcast, Episode 217 – Tuesday February 4th, 2014
- How the grid is shaping up
- Rahal talks about their proposal for the National Guard sponsorship
- John Dick joins Rahal as technical director
- June 6-8 Vintage racing at IMS on the oval and the road course
- WRC Rally Sweden Preview
- Traditional snow rally has little snow/melting snow
- Who will win?
- 3 most recent JWRC/WRC Academy champions will duke it out in equal WRC machinery (Breen vs. Evans vs. Tidemand)
- HENNING!!! (Shaun will understand this one)
- Live TV for WRC in the USA! (if you have MAVTV anyway)
- Toyota rules out 2015 return to WRC
- Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy over-subscribed
- Rally America officially announced on NBC Sports
- On a side note World Challenge announces NBC Sports schedule
- Canadian Rally Championship – Kicks of with Rallye Perce-Neige
- Esapekka Lappi wins Latvia ERC round in the snow
- F1 first test roundup
- Bernie slams the ‘farce’
- McLaren wing suspension?
- Boulier joins McLaren, while Braun announces retirement
- Viewership down by 50 million last year. double points to fix?