The illustrious Mr. Shaun Pechin returns to the OpenPaddock.net Podcast as he, Mr. Mike Whitesell, Mr. Mike Shaw, and Dr. Douglas Patterson stumble and stagger their way through the week’s motorsports news. We begin with a little NASCAR (that’s right!) and move into some of the changes happening in IndyCar. We also review the list of IndyCar and IndyLights drivers that will be competing in this weekend’s Rolex 24. Mr. Shaw gives us a rundown of the WRC’s first event, Rallye Monte Carlo, and previews Rally America’s Sno*Drift Rally. Mr. Whitesell wraps up the show for us with news of King Koby’s return to Formula 1.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Open Paddock #215 – Tuesday, January 21st, 2014
- Bryan Clauson takes Chili Bowl victory in IndyCar sponsored midget
- Reported new Nascar points format
- Kurt Bush still thinking about 2014 Indy 500 Run
- Kannan has new engineer, tests for Ganassi
- Chevy testing
- Nearly 20 IndyCar drivers for the Rolex
- IndyCar opens dialogue with drivers
- Tony Cottman will serve as race director for Lights
- Anderson Promotions adds staff
- Kubica crashes
- Ogier takes win
- Dakar final results
- ACP joins team O’Neil
- Rally America – Sno*Drift Preview
- Caterham signs Kobayashi and Ericson
- Kobayashi turned down paying Ferrari seat in WEC
- Ecclestone to stand trial in Germany
- Bernie steps down from F1 Board, but still in charge
- Haas = USF2
- Launches start Friday
Formula 1 Launch Dates
|McLaren||January 24 (f)||Online|
|Toro Rosso||January 27||Jerez, Spain|
|Mercedes||January 28 (t)||Jerez, Spain|
|Caterham||January 28||Jerez, Spain|
|Red Bull||January 28||Jerez, Spain|
|Jerez, Spain||January 28-31 (t-f)|
|Sakhir, Bahrain||February 19-22|
|Sakhir, Bahrain||February 27-March 2|
3 Thoughts to “Episode 215 – OpenPaddock.net Podcast”
Great job getting this up so quick Doug. You must have been up all night stoking the fire… and had nothing better to do.
Yep, and it showed. Messed up the F1 testing and reveal tables. Fixed now in the cold, cold light of dawn. Gas man can’t get here fast enough!
Force India just tweeted out a pic of their 2014 challenger. For now, we only get the side view showing that there is indeed a drop nose that protrudes from the standard front nose from last year…. Its like one of those strategic camera shots that they put on tv that shows naked person, all butt, no crack.
Comments are closed.