Doug, Mike, and Mike debate who should fill the #10 seat at TCGR, and review a bevey of driver signings and tests. Doug gives us a MRTI silly season summary, Whitesell leads us through a recap of the USGP, and Shaw brings us up to speed on Rally GB.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
OpenPaddock.net Podcast – Episode 211, Tuesday, November 19th, 2013
- IndyCar legend Dario Franchitti retires from racing
- who replaces him?
- #10 or #8 car?
- Penske, Sam Hornish part ways after decade together
- IndyCar Series outlines revised testing guidelines
- KVSH signs Mistic E-Cigs sponsorship for Sebastien Bourdais
- Honda testing speed impresses Hunter-Reay
- Indy 500 runner-up Carlos Munoz gets full-time ride
- Carpenter makes way for Conway for IndyCar road and street courses
- Luyendyk gets Coyne IndyCar test
- Mikael Grenier to get IndyCar test time with KV Racing at Sebring
- Competition changes likely coming for IndyCar, per Walker
- IMS road course paving complete
- Fan Force United goes for a crowd funded racing across disciplines
- Read graduates to Indy Lights from Pro Mazda
- Dalton Kellett to Pro Mazda with Team Pelfrey
- USGP in Austin
- Maldonado accuses Williams of sabotaging car
- Sebastian Vettel makes it eight in a row with victory in Austin
- Results – Driver Standings – Team Standings
- Austin had 113,000 on race day, 3 day attendance was 250,000
- The Lotus Saga Continues – Schumi turns them down – Kovi steps up
- Lotus investment deal losing credibility – Hulkenburg? Maldanado?
- More detail on Alonso’s Abu Dhabi back issue
- McLaren confirms Kevin Magnussen for 2014 – where does this leave Perez?
- Teams fear boring ’14 races after USGP
- F1 must confirm Pirelli’s aggressive role says Hembery
- WRC Rally GB: Sebastien Ogier ends VW’s dominant year with victory
- Citroen apologises for Sordo penalty
- SS11: Kubica and Novikov crash out
- Lehtinen takes blame for Hirvonen crash
- Results – Standing
- Surprise, Surprise Timing Issues….AGAIN!
- Teams happy with Wale Rally GB changes
- WRC Technical stability through 2017, but Say goodbye to Subies & Mitsus
- “From the end of 2014, R4 cars (Subaru Impreza, Mitsubishi Lancer) will no longer be authorised to compete in Europe”
- Hyundai announces collaboration with Electronic Arts – no details yet
- Rally America – Sudden date change for STPR 2014 due to scheduling conflict with X-Games Austin
- Canadian Rally Championship – Richard Brother & Sister reunited for Rally of Tall Pines Nov. 29-30 near Bancroft, Ontario