The second day of testing at Jerez concluded earlier today and Kamui Kobayashi captured the fastest time. The weather was dry for the most part which provided some good lap times. It was clear that most of the front running teams were concerned with distance running as both Schumacher and Alonso put in a ton of mileage.
The event of the day had to be the Virgin Racing machine piloted by Timo Glock. The German put up another dead slow lap but that was not the fun. The Virgin machine actually lost a front wing that fell off the car. Yes, you heard right. The front wing on the machine had a malfunction where it was mounted and it just fell off. Virgin has identified the trouble with the mount but lost precious track time as they had no replacements and were forced to sit out. Below are the complete listings of the times achieved in today’s dry conditions. The weather forecast for the next few days however does not look as promising.
1. Kobayashi BMW-Sauber 1:19.950 103
2. Buemi Toro Rosso Ferrari 1:20.026 121
3. Button McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.618 83
4. Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth 1:20.629 67
5. Liuzzi Force India- Mercedes 1:20.754 80
6. M.Schumacher Mercedes GP 1:21.083 124
7. Alonso Ferrari 1:21.424 129
8. Kubica Renault 1:22.003 103
9. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:22.043 99
10. Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1:29.964 11
One Thought to “F1 – Jerez Day 2: Parts go Flying!”
Comments are closed.