From Tuesday February 10th, 2015. This week in rally we review Rally America’s Sno*Drift Rally, preview Rally Sweden, and discuss Toyota’s return to the WRC. In our miscellaneous motorports segment we talk about the awesomeness that is the Bathurst 12 hour race and kangaroo dodging, NISMO GT Academy, and a few bits regarding F1. We finish up with IndyCar ranting and question whether they are on the cusp of a golden era, then have a whole lot of Mazda Road to Indy as they did a bunch of pre-season testing.
- Rally America – Sno*Drift Review
- Rally America – 100 Acre Wood in desperate need of volunteers
- Rally America – Volunteer registration now open for Oregon Trail Rally
- Rally America – Olympus teases new stage info
- “New stages for 2015 Olympus goes from 600 feet to 2100 feet in 2 miles then down the other side all in the middle of a 18 mile stage.”
- L’Estage adds another sponsor with DirtFish and claims first win for Subaru Rally Team Canada at Rallye Perce-Neige
- Regional – Matthew Noble Marker Memorial Rally Sprint – March 7th
- Now has insurance via new USRA – interesting
- Nameless and Chris Duplessis to use MNMMRS as test for GT-86
- WRC – Toyota returns to the WRC with a Yaris in 2017
- WRC – Return to the “Rally of 10,000 Corners”
- Tour de Corse replaces Rally France Alsace (no Loeb, so no wonder)
- WRC – of Mt. Bikes and Rally drivers
- Sordo Out, Paddon upgraded, Abbring in 3rd car
- WRC – Rally Sweden Preview
- WRC – Red Bull adds Monte-Carlo full hour review to Red Bull TV for all to see
- Subaru announces 3 car lineup – Isaachsen, Lasek, and Pastrana (for select events)
- SCCA Rallycross – National Championship Announced for August 7-9 in Indianola, IA
- Bathurst 12 hour
- F1 – Marussia back on the grid for 2015! Well, maybe not.
F1 – Jerez testing: Ferrari shows pace, but is Mercedes sandbagging?
How bad is the Honda lump? SFI missed Jerez and will likely miss Barcelona.
- F1 – Qatar vying for a GP. Germany and Italy
- F1 – Daniel Ricciardo on TGUK beats Hamilton in the reasonably priced car by over a half second.
Responds to a cheeky fan with an ‘Australian Salute’. VIDEO
- Race to 24 Competition for a seat in a LMP2 car at LeMans
- 100 Car count season opener for PWC at COTA
- Official VICS app is now available for all US-based cell carriers!
- Multi-team test at NOLA Motorsports Park today. Will Power records a promo spot and jams in the FQ
KV tests Daniel Coletti
SPM tests Conor Daly (with an assist from Hinch)
Scott Speed fitting for a seat? Say WHAAAAAAAAAA
- Petition circulating for A.J.Foyt to be awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Gabby Chaves signed to BHA
- Luca Filippi in CFHR #20 on road/street, sharing with Ed Carpenter
- ‘Promoter Test’ at Barber March 16-17 should reveal aero kits
- @Anthony_Stuart asks our opinion on Will Buxton’s “Golden Era” statement regarding IndyCar http://safeisfast.com/ask_a_pro/46-will-buxton#.VNqpivnF832
- New Road to Indy TV season launched with new young host.
Joel Sebastianelli won the talent search competition
- USF2000 – Florian Latorre moves up to Pro Mazda w/ Cape
- ProMazda – Michael Johnson set for another season with JDC Motorsports
- Pre-season Testing Results
- Shout out & congrats to Doug Patterson on being brought into the fold of Dare 2 Dream Motorsports!