Patterson and Whitesell return from their epic rally weekend and they along with Mr. Shaw give us a recap of the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood, Pechin takes us through the crazy litigious soap opera in IndyCar, Patterson gives us an update on the Mazda Road to Indy Winterfest, and Whitesell runs down the news in Formula 1. BRAAAP!
OpenPaddock Podcast Episode #220 for Tuesday, February 25, 2013
- 12 hours of Daytona won by no talent hack who just happens to have a famous last name…. again…. err… maybe he has some skill.
- Gainsco pulls out of TUSC for remainder of season
- Leaders Circle entries confirmed
- Bonuses paid to top 10 (instead of top 3 as before)
- $20k to top non leaders circle entry at each race
- Indy purse structure entirely different (as normal)
- Pocono and Fontana also have higher bonuses
- John Barnes gets all sue happy
- JV to race in 500 for Schmidt Peterson Hamilton, 2 Dogs and a Monkey
- Allen Bestwick officially announced for ABC
- Should IndyCar add a garage 34 entry?
- Next up – St. Petersburg March 30th
- 100 Acre Wood Rally – Ken Block does it again
- results – standings
- M-Sport’s new Ford Fiesta WRC to run in Mexico
- Next up – WRC Mexico March 6-9
- Cumulative testing stats so far
- Testing resumes at Bahrain Thursday through Sunday
- Ferrari bringing lots of updates to Bahrain… but who isnt?
- Bernie wins in lawsuit from Constatain Media
- Judge Guy Newey doesn’t do him any favors though: “The payments were a bribe. They were made because Mr Ecclestone had entered into a corrupt agreement with Dr Gribkowsky in May 2005 under which Dr Gribkowsky was to be rewarded for facilitating the sale of BLB’s shares in the Formula One group to a buyer acceptable to Mr Ecclestone. No loss to Constantin has been shown to have been caused by the corrupt arrangement with Dr Gribkowsky….. impossible to regard him (Ecclestone) as a reliable or truthful witness.”
- Next up – Melbourne March 16th (2-½ weeks)