Episode 206 – OpenPaddock.net Podcast
Kevin Neely and Mike Shaw are joined by special guests John Olsakovsky, regular Op-Ed contributor to OpenPaddock.net, and USF2000 pilot for Belardi Auto Racing and friend of OpenPaddock.net Peter Portante. The boys hash out all the news in IndyCar as everyone including all of the MRTI head to Houston, the details of the Indianapolis GP opening the Month of May, and the driver swaps and additions in Indy Lights. Formula 1 heads to Korea as the WRC heads to France, and Shaw wraps things up with a rundown of the 2014 WRC schedule.
OpenPaddock.net Podcast: Episode #206 – Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
- Details of 2014 GP of Indianapolis
- Quals on Friday, May 9.
- Race Saturday, May 10.
- General admission tickets are $25.
- Reserved Grandstand are $40-$75.
- Televised on ABC.
- Includes entire MRTI ladder.
- Runs clockwise
- Indy road course track changes
- Kanaan to Ganassi
- Hinch has an offer not from Andretti
- IZOD Out as series sponsor
- GP Houston Preview
- Conor Daly added to Team Moore for Houston
- Peter Dempsey ALSO Added to Team Moore for Houston
- New Concorde Agreement Signed
- Ferrari: Slump not due to tires.
- Barrichello could return to F1 with Sauber for GP Brazil and 2014
- GP Korea preview
- WRC – Haydon Paddon proved pace in Australia, get’s WRC chance with Qatar M-Sport
- WRC – WRC2 points leader Abdulaziz Al-Kuwari also gets WRC car for Spain
- WRC – 2014 Schedule released, Poland replaces “Rally of the Gods”
- 2014 WRC CALENDAR
- 19 January Rallye Monte Carlo
- 09 February Rally Sweden
- 09 March Rally Mexico
- 06 April Rally de Portugal
- 11 May Rally Argentina
- 01 June Rally d’Italia
- 29 June Rally Poland (multi-country event)
- 03 August Rally Finland
- 24 August Rallye Deutschland
- 14 September Rally Australia
- 05 October Rallye de France
- 26 October Rally de España
- 16 November Rally of Great Britain
- WRC – Rally France – Starting Thursday – Finishing Sunday – 20 stages, 312.14 Km
- Sebastian Loeb’s Swan Song – and of an era
- 1 point separates Ogier from being first new champion in 9 years
- Full schedule – WRC, WRC2, WRC3, & Junior WRC
- ERC – Jan Kopecky dominates Croatian Rally with Skoda and clinches 2013 ERC title
- WRC/Rally America – Congrats to Rhiannon Smythe (now Gelsomino) and Alex Gelsomino on getting married last weekend. – Co-Drivers for Brendan Reeves & Ken Block.