Episode 203 – OpenPaddock.net Podcast
Shaun, Mike W, Kevin, and Doug talk about the Singapore-ish shenanigans in NASCAR (yes, we talk a bit about NASCAR), the punishment of Scott Dixon in IndyCar, more chatter about the IMS road course, and we look at potential changes in the 2014 schedule, Doug recaps the USF2000 races at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and congratulates the MidWest Division SCCA drivers who brought home hardware from the SCCA Solo Nationals. In Formula 1, Massa is out and Kimi is in, tires are still up in the air for 2014, and in rally, Sordo gets a shot in the werks Citroen, L’Estage wins Rally Defi, and we preview Rally Australia.
OpenPaddock.net Pocast: Episode #203 for Tuesday September 10th, 2013
Cue Yakety Sax
- Boyer spin ruled on by NASCAR
- Is Nelson Piquet Jr. in line for a seat at MWR?
- Scott Dixon fined $30,000, placed on probation by IndyCar
- Walker reviewing contact-filled IndyCar races for improvements
- Tony Kanaan flirts with NASCAR
- IMS IndyCar road course test provides food for thought
- 2014 Schedule
- Add Indy road course
- Sao Paulo?
- Can they find another date for Baltimore?
- Houston in August?
- Ft. Lauderdale?
- Andretti making progress on budget for Montoya IndyCar deal
- Next up – Houston double header Oct. 5th & 6th
MRTI & SCCA
- USF2000 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Race 1: Alexandre Baron win his debut race with Afterburner Autosport
- Race 2: Hargrove claims win and takes 44-point lead to Houston
- SCCA Solo Nationals Recap
- Jeremy brings home hardware for OpenPaddock
- Kansas City Region takes home numerous trophies
- KCR Solo Event #10 this weekend
- Race Review
- Results – Standings
- Massa has announced that he is out. Luca jokes that he talked to Schumi about a ride
- Ferrari prepares to announce signing of Kimi Raikkonen
- Rumours that Renault to woo Alonso to Lotus? (highly questionable… but fun to talk about)
- Pirelli gets vote of support from FIA… so why am I still concerned?
- Michelin tried F1 tyre at Le Mans test? > F1 News
- Mexico in, New Jersey out for 2014?
- Not so fast…. New Jersey could still happen?
- Bahrain to be night race in 2014
- Next up – Singapore Sept 22nd (7 races to go)
- Lestage wins Rally Defi
- Sordo to drive for Citroen in France, but not for manuf. points
- Rally Australia Preview
- Meeke to contest for Citroen
- WRC live radio coverage On air times in America
- Thursday – 04:15 AM Eastern, 01:15 AM Pacific
- Thursday (Friday AM in Australia) – 1:45 PM Eastern, 4:45 PM Pacific
- Friday (Saturday AM in Australia) – 1:15 PM Eastern, 4:15 PM Pacific
- Saturday (Sunday in Australia) – 12:30 PM Eastern, 3:30 PM Pacific