Episode 196 – OpenPaddock.net Podcast
Shaun and Kevin lead us through the IndyCar 2inTO. Barnhart is back & there’s drama in Race Control. Coincidence? The Mazda Road to Indy is back in full swing, and Doug has a recap of this weekends races and championships. We discuss Andersen’s vision for the future of Indy Lights. Shaw takes us through the world of Global Rallycross as they come back to the states after a long stint overseas, the FIA looks into the mess that is timing and scoring in the WRC, and Doug recaps the Kansas City Region’s second rallycross of the year. Mike and Kevin wrap up the show with news from Formula 1 including a rundown of recent rules changes.
Show Notes for OpenPaddock.net Podcast, Episode 196, July 16th, 2013
- Sato placed on five-race probation
- Dixon heads all-Ganassi front row
- Dixon On Round 2 Pole For Ganassi 1-2 At Toronto
- Why was Beaux not in Canada? TV said it was a personal issue and Cavin said he was denied entrance into Canada.
- -What about the called off standing start for race 1?
- IndyCar to try again with standing start for Toronto Race 2
- -Did BB make the right call letting Dario only run 1 lap on reds?
- NO! -JDP
- -What about the 2-wheel rule?
- Briscoe suffers broken wrist in Toronto crash, will miss Race 2
- Carlos Munoz to replace Briscoe for Toronto Race 2
- Briscoe undergoes successful surgery
- -Did BB make the right call reversal on the Dario/Power blocking penalty?
- NO! -JDP
- -How about Bourdais…. (kicking butts and dropping trophies)
- Dixon prevails in Toronto opener
- Dixon takes third straight victory
- Turbo opens this weekend…. Rush advertising on track at TO.
- IndyCar team to join Formula E as series reveals £2.2m budget cap
- Next up – Mid Ohio August 4th….. \o/
Mazda Road to Indy
- Firestone Indy Lights
- Derrick Walker and Dan Anderson on new Indy Lights plan
- A resurggent Hawksworth leads flag-to-flag
- Dempsey drives from 7th to finish P2
- Karam has a rough weekend
- Pro Mazda
- Brabham takes sixth and seventh straight win in Pro Mazda
- Just give the man his trophy already!
- Diego Ferreira takes 2nd in both races securing his P2 championship position
- Alberico wins race 1 in Toronto USF2000
- Estrela takes first win in Race 2
- F1′s updated 2014 rules
- Unpaid suppliers file claims against ailing Sauber
- Sauber secures future with Russian backing
- Sergey Sirotkin lined up for 2014 drive with Sauber
- Marussia gets Ferrari engines for 2014
- Sao Paulo taking bids for $90 million improvement plan for Interlagos
- Next up – Hungaroring July 28th
- FIA launches probe into World Rally Championship timing
- WRC Next Up – Finland August 1-3
- Rally America Next Up – NEFR July 26-27
By the Fans:
Leave a comment below or submit your own article for all to read.