Fearless Leader Shaun Pechin returns to the show and brings a new level of sketch to the joint! Shaun lets loose with six months worth of saved up rants and diatribes about …well… everything! Neely, Whitesell, Shaw, and Patterson try to get in word in edgewise as we talk about the IndyCar infomercial from Texas and Team Penske’s penalty, we preview the Mazda Road to Indy action this weekend in Milwaukee, and review the Kansas City Region SCCA Solo Event #6. Whitesell leads us through a review of the Formula 1 Canadian GP and news from the F1 circus, and Shaw wraps up the show with GRC news, Pikes Peak testing, and European Rallycross happenings. This podcast is brought to you by the letter V for Vodka!
Show Agenda for Episode #192 – Tuesday, June 11th, 2013
- IndyCar – Penske in the W column
- MRTI – Pro Mazda and Firestone Indy Lights run their 2nd oval at MKE
- F1 – Seb dominates Canada, Mercedes dominates headlines
- Rally – Loeb fastest at Pikes Peak practice, RallyCrossRX in Finland shows GRC how its done!
- Servia Joins Panther, Mann Returns To CoyneIndy 500 Winner Kanaan Picks Up Turbo/Sunoco Sponsorship
- New Hulman & Co. CEO Mark Miles wants more for fans to do in May
- A place we call “Texas”
- Something we call a “Castroneves domination”
- Something we call “glove stuck to the wing adjustment”
- Something we call a “gearbox oil explosion”
- Something we call a “Post-race tech #FAIL!”
- Statement from Tim Cindric regarding the penalty:
- “Obviously we are very disappointed that the No. 3 car did not pass post-race inspection after Saturday’s race at Texas. The rule in question (188.8.131.52) states that the diffuser exit must measure 7.600.” After the race, ours was 7.575” because we neglected to tighten the braces that position the rear of the diffuser following pre-race inspection. The way Helio’s car raced did not provide any advantage as a lower diffuser height actually adds drag and reduces downforce. To ensure this is the case, we ran this configuration in the wind tunnel on Monday morning and found that the No. 3 car actually raced with three pounds less downforce and one pound more drag than what it would have had if we tightened the underwing braces properly.”
- Did you find excitement in the Texas race? Was Detroit better?
- 1.0 rating…. is this positive for a tv buy? How does this compare to Canadian GP?
- Results – Standings
- Briscoe in for Panther at Milwaukee
- Next up – Milwaukee next weekend
MRTI and SCCA
- Milwaukee Preview
- Pro Mazda
- Firestone Indy Lights
- Kansas City Region Solo School
- KCR Solo Event #6
- Canadian GP
- Kimi Raikkonen and Daniel Ricciardo hit with grid penalties
- Race review
- Fernando Alonso chased me like a bull – Lewis Hamilton
- Mark Webber fumes at Giedo van der Garde for collision
- Results – Driver Standings – Team Standings
- Massa upset with medical response
- Track marshal killed after Canadian GP
- Allison to replace Newey at Red Bull after 2014?
- FIA sets date for test row Tribunal
- Williams signed to provide batteries for Formula E
- Next up – Silverstone June 30th (on CNBC)
- WRC Next up – Rally d’Italia Sardegna June 20-22
- Juho – secret driver for Hyundai
- Loeb fastest at Pikes Peak practice – Event June 30th
- Pagenaud Joins Honda Effort At Pikes Peak…in a mini-van?!!
- GRC – Official Schedule finally released…didn’t it already start?
- RallyCrossRX – Foust wins, Solberg close but breaks car while in the lead